Plugin author bqworks claims that Slider PRO is “one of the most powerful slider plugins for WordPress on the market”. Main Slider PRO extension features:
- Plugin is responsive (resizes it’s content automatically depending on the size of the screen you are viewing website)
- WordPress extension is mobile ready (so it is compatible and should work on many mobile devices like smartphones, tablets, Iphone, Ipad etc.)
- Plugin has a lot of settings and is highly customizable
Lets get a little bit deeper in this premium WP content slider plugin, check it’s features and examples.
Created on: 2 June 2011
Last update: 26 January 2013
IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
WordPress Slider PRO features
This WordPress slideshow plugin has a lot of different features and has some interesting settings that you can change and customize:
- You can use this wordpress extension as Featured content (posts, pages and even custom post types) slider for your website or blog
- As we already mentioned – plugin is responsive and should resize it’s content depending on the screen width you are viewing website
- WordPress administrator can add any HTML code to your layers and slide shows
- Plugin allows placing multiple slideshows on one page or post
- Plugin supports images, video content from YouTube and Vimeo
- This wordpress content rotator has a lot of different features, skins that can be customized in administration panel (for making your settings variations and needed effects)
- WP slideshow rotator Slider PRO supports touch-screen devices
- Slider Pro uses static and dynamic/animated layers. You can apply animation effects to dynamic layers – fade in, fly in etc.
Slider PRO admin settings
Features are important for visitors and settings are a little bit important for website or blog administrators. Lets walk through the most important features of this premium content slideshow plugin:
- Inline help and tooltips for easier WP slider plugin management and settings
- Plugin is compatible with WordPress MU (multisite) – this one is important is you manage many websites on one WP engine
- Extension admin panel has widgets that can be inserted in your sidebars through admin area
- You can use shortcodes to insert content or featured posts slider into posts and pages
- Slider Pro display code is inserted only on pages and posts where it is used, so it does not slow down your whole website loading
- Need localized version in your own language? – plugin is translation ready!
Compatibility with WordPress
Works with WordPress versions: WordPress 3.5, WordPress 3.4, WordPress 3.3, WordPress 3.2, jQuery
SliderPRO – WordPress Premium Slider screenshots
There are some really nice screenshots and pictures of Slider Pro:
How-To videos and examples
Author created very nice and informative screencasts and videos for clients about how to install plugin, create and publish slider on your WordPress website and how to customize the slide-show settings.
How to install WP SliderPro video
How to create and publish your slideshow
How to customize the slider and edit settings
It is possible that author will add more screencasts and plugin videos later, just check it here.
Plugin support and community
Get the software
You can directly download plugin after purchase from CodeCanyon:
To summarize – plugin is well made, has a lot different slide transition and slideshow effects. What is interesting and a little bit different from other plugins – Slider PRO static and dynamic layers, different slideshow options (in lightbox, with small thumbnails), responsiveness and touch-screen support. I would really consider this plugin as an slideshow option for my WordPress blog or website.