Media Grid WordPress plugin can be used both for gallery creation and kind of content rotator. With MediaGrid you can build responsive and filterable portfolios and galleries for your website or blog.
This WP extension is built to fit every portfolio need and every situation and what is most important – you can build responsive your product or services presentations. Let’s get a bit deeper in WordPress Media Grid Responsive Portfolio and analyze it’s features.
Created on: 23 April 2012
Last update: 27 January 2013
IE8, IE9, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
Media Grid features and settings
Most important plugin settings and features:
- User can use unlimited colors and customize settings depending on his needs
- All your gallery items are linked together and you can link them one by one
- Integrated grid builder so you can preview your results immediately
- Plugin has thumbnail manager for dealing with photos of your gallery portfolio items
- As gallery and slide items you can use images, image galleries, videos from YouTube and Vimeo, even links and mp3 files to play your music
- Facebook and Twitter are integrated in the gallery so users can share content on social networks
- WordPress Media Grid leverages shortcodes system with visual builder
- Media Grid portfolio plugin is compatible with old Internet Explorer 8 version
- Extension grid layout is flexible and responsive, so it will fit and will be well displayed on phones, tablets and computers
- You can add and edit captions on every your gallery or slide item
Compatibility with WordPress
Works with WordPress versions: WordPress 3.5, WordPress 3.4, WordPress 3.3, WordPress 3.2, WordPress 3.1, WordPress 3.0
Media Grid Portfolio screenshots
This plugin is quite eye candy with well made admin interface for managing your slides and gallery items. Also it has lots of options and visual grid layout builder. Have a look below at most important screenshots where you will see responsive layout, some screens of admin interface, filters and options:
How-to videos and documentation
There are really great videos and screencasts for all new plugin users to help setup their first gallery or manage gallery plugin in general. Author made really good job!
How to build item categories and manage custom options
How to create items for your WordPress gallery (3 parts)
Grid builders usage with examples
Managing categories and their items
How to deal with shortcodes of Media Grid Portfolio
And customizing the grid (2 videos)
Plugin support and community
Plugin author LCweb provides Media Grid support on:
So you will not be left alone with your problems if smth goes wrong.
Get the plugin
Where to get Media Grid responsive portfolio? Or course you can directly download Media Grid Responsive Portfolio for your WordPress after purchase from CodeCanyon (and don’t even think about nulled or hacked or old versions! plugin is extremely cheap and it worth every dollar you spend!)
To conclude – Media Grid portfolio plugin looks like a good solution if you want to present some your content for your visitors in a bit different way than simple content slider of default WordPress gallery. What is awesome – you can embed not only images, but also videos, galleries, links and even mp3 files in your gallery. Later we will ask plugin developer to test plugin and will give deeper review or plugin and it’s options.