Estro jQuery WordPress slider with Ken Burns effect is simple and effective slideshow plugin. This WP extension has two main transitions – Ken Burns and Swipe effects, so it is very easy customizable and simple to manage. What is Ken Burns effect? Well we already had uBillboard slider with it, Ken Burns is a type of panning and zooming effect used in video production from still imagery) More info on Wikipedia.
Lets get a bit deeper in Estro jQuery slider functions and features to see what you can do with this content rotator plugin and will it fit your content slider requirements.
Created on: 10 July 2011
Last update: 18 December 2012
IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
Estro slider features and settings
- Estro slider has integrated animated slide transition timer
- 4 media rotator skins, so it will fit any design you have on your website
- Ajax admin panel for smooth and simple management of your slideshows and slides with drag and drop interface
- Using WordPress Estro plugin you can smoothly and simply embed YouTube and Vimeo videos as your featured content
- Two main effects and transitions available – Ken Burns and Swipe effect
- Plugin is mobile compatible and works on phones, tablets and other mobile devices
- You can use and manage unlimited slides on every slideshow in your website
- Your sliders can have any custom sizes, so they will fit any website or blog
- Leverages WordPress media uploader so you can use pictures from your blog media gallery
- Some SEO (search engine optimization) features
Compatibility with WordPress
Works with WordPress versions: WordPress 3.3, WordPress 3.2, WordPress 3.1, WordPress 3.0, and based on jQuery
Estro Ken Burns slider screenshots
Well it is really amazing how beautiful can be simple things. No hundreds of effects, no millions of transitions, just few simple skins, some customizations and intuitive WordPress admin panel. Have a look at examples and some admin panel screenshots:
How-to videos and screencasts
Plugin author pixelentity has some screencasts for first time users, so they can understand where and what goes and how to manage their content:
Managing Estro Slider
Advanced Estro jQuery slider options and settings
Plugin support and community
OK, so where can you get support and your questions answered? There are some places pixelentity provide help:
Get the plugin
Where to get Estro jQuery slider? Of course, CodeCanyon! You can directly download plugin after purchase:
WordPress Estro jQuery slider made impression of quite small, simple, but very nice looking plugin. I would definitely use it for quick and easy setup of featured content slider. Setting needed sizes of the slider and different skins would also fit almost any website and blog. And just two transition effects? cool!
Just plugin was updated long ago, is it compatible with latest WordPress versions? Take care!